Thursday, April 17, 2014

Hello, hello, hello...


I fell off the blogging horse hard. I wondered if I should even bother to get back up, but here I am. So, this is me, dusting myself off and making an attempt to write again. And maybe there are still a few of you out there reading...? 

Part of what has been holding me back is that I have such a backlog of trips and experiences that I want to share and I didn't know where to begin. There's been a lot going on in the first three months of 2014.

Within the first week of the year, I made a day trip to Morocco. Nothing like a different continent to start the year off right! That was followed by a long weekend in Madrid, a roadtrip to Galicia, and just recently I returned from a last minute, 5-day getaway to France. I know, tough life.






Throw in some quick visits to the always stunning de la Fronteras (Vejer, Jerez, Arcos) and Cádiz...




 along with my typical routine of yoga, sevillanas, riding, and generally trying to keep myself busy, and 2014 has been rolling by at a breakneck pace. Or maybe it just feels that way to me, since I can sense the clock ticking on my time in Spain.



Which is why I've also been trying to soak in just the average days, as the cool, damp winter disappeared into the brightness, warmth, and energy of spring. Savoring every minute of one of the best times of year in Andalucía, before the excitement and festivity of Semana Santa and feria become the long, hot, beachy days of summer, has become a priority.




Not to mention, I have a busy travel season ahead - the national cheese festival in Trujillo, the Córdoba patios festival, Scotland, Normandy, and Amsterdam are already on the books. And that's just before July! I'm also planning on Turkey and Asturias this summer.

And, it's my full intention to not only get around to some long overdue posts, but also keep up with them. Although, if I ever get behind, the easiest way to catch up with me is via instagram (@meghannbg). In fact, all of the pictures in this post are instagram snaps.

I've even given some thought to just using that as my primary platform - less writing, easy posting, instant gratification!






But ultimately, I still love the long format of a blog, both for sharing and reading, with its more detailed descriptions and high-quality photographs. So, my blog stumbles on...and I continue to juggle my Nikon and my iPhone. 

















2 comments:

  1. I remember that feeling. Feeling so behind on my blog writing that it left me not wanting to blog which is of course a vicious cycle and I only got further and further behind. Just know that I am still reading, I am still drooling, and I am still missing Spain. But your photos help. I also remember the feeling of knowing I only had so much time left! There was a certain anxiety in every moment wondering if it would be my last time. My last visit. My last café con leche, my last visit to vejer, my last time seeing a certain place or person. Just enjoy it while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness you have been busy! How do you manage to fit it all in!? Morocco is on the cards for me this June too... as is Cabo de Gata and possibly Budapest...again!

    And don't worry we're still here! When's the cheese festival??

    ReplyDelete

Hola! Feel free to leave some love. Muchas gracias for stopping by!